What is the World Peace Movement 2018?
The United Nations has designated September 21 the International Day of Peace. It offers “a globally shared date for all humanity to commit to Peace above all differences.” Organizations and individuals around the world observe this call for peace throughout the month of September.
On Peace Day, the United Nations rings the Peace Bell at its headquarters inNew York City. The bell was a gift from Japan and was cast from coins donated by children around the world “as a reminder of the human cost of war.”
Whether in education or the arts, social justice or sports, environment or health, political or neighborhood service, you can create interesting ways to celebrate.
It is not too late to get involved in the World Peace Movement for 2018. Unify.com has a number of campaigns that you can join. You can also start your own.
Here are a few suggestions.
* Observe a minute of silence.
* Perform a random act of kindness.
* Buy a cup of coffee for a stranger.
* Offer a prayer or a meditation for peace.
* Do some yoga.
* Attend a peace event in your area.
* Record a short message about what peace means to you and share it on social media.
* Write some peace poetry or music.
* Join the Smile Healing™ Meditation for Peace Event with YogiAlicia.com on Sunday 23rd September. The video will be posted online so that you can participate at your convenience.
* Share this blog post and other inspiring messages about peace.
If you are curious about which countries topped the Global Peace Index 2018, then check out the video below.
Sign up today at YogiAlicia.com.
Empower Your Life